Many players we work with don't want to do something in training if they are not good at it. It always surprises me but it's normal, because if we're honest, we all put off things that cause us to grow and develop because they are uncomfortable.
Despite being contradictory, if you think about it, we do it everyday; people show up for practice and aren't willing to practice, people show up to school and aren't willing to learn, people show up to work but aren't willing to work!!
The reality is that there is no journey to success, but there is a SUCCESS JOURNEY!! We need to be willing to take the first step.
Here's 8 steps from leadership expert John. C Maxwell to help you start today, enjoy the journey and see better results:
1. Take the first step, you need to start today. The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is today. If you don't start, you aren't even in the race.
2. Your next step won't be obvious until your taking the current step. What path you start on today will impact the direction of tomorrow.
3. Growth and development enables you to keep going. You don't GO up to the top, you GROW up to the top.
4. Doing well at one step, sets you up for the next step. Focus on being good today and you'll be better tomorrow.
5. Success is a series of small steps taken consistently, not one giant leap.
6. Each step should be your favorite step, don't get destination disease. If your not where you want to be yet, get passionate about where you are and the steps you're taking.
7. Each step COMPOUNDS the previous step.
8. You don't step your way to success, each step done well IS SUCCESS. Take joy in the journey, take joy in YOUR journey.
Consistency compounds, start creating daily disciplines and taking the steps to improving daily and you'll soon see the results you want.
Tag someone who needs to hear this. Share if you think this has value to someone you know and follow us.
#soccerxs #traininxs #growth #development #consistency #compounds #leadership #enjoythejourney #takethestep #practice #starttoday #dicipline
Tag(s): About Us